Saturday 8 October 2011

Hello

It's that time of year again where hats and jumpers are allowed a few months of fresh (and icy) air, instead of festering in the bottom of the wardrobe. Thank goodness! Every knitter loves winter.
I thought I would begin this blog with the pleasant results from handpainting some handspun corriedale yarn. Just a few inches of cuff to go:

Hand dyed mittens


I used an old picture frame with a few screws as pegs to re-skein the yarn into sections ready for dyeing. It was my first time using any kind of dye for yarn. I had some navy and purple Ashford acid dyes, although the purple looks more like magenta. Perhaps I mixed the dye solution with a bit too much water, but I can see myself using dyes rather often once I've built up a small collection of colours to play with. Next time I will take some photos.

Now I have my wool/fibre stash organised and I'm ready to begin some serious knitting.




No comments:

Post a Comment